Our “Active at Home” campaign has launched to help you stay active during the COVID-19 pandemic. This campaign focuses on active living activities you can perform at home during this isolation period. We have videos on stretching, weight resistance, games, physical literacy skills, intro to cardio and much more for all abilities. New videos are constantly being added so make sure you check in often!
Kelly Fraser, Phys. Ed. Specialist at Arnold H. McLeod School, walks us through an excellent idea on how to incorporate some indoor racket sports using household items. A balloon can also be used to improve reaction times!
Just Dance @ Home with Mr B
Robin Buchanan (Mr. B), physical education specialist at Oromocto High School shows us how he stays active at home using video games such as Just Dance from standing and seated positions.
Socks and Pots Game
Submitted by Phys. Ed. specialist, Paula Gaudet, the Socks and Pots game can be played by using many different household items and can be played in both standing and seated positions. These skills can directly be applied to para sports such as boccia.
Socks and Basket Game #2
Anik Gautreau, teacher at Riverview Middle School, shows us another variation on the the Socks and Basket game. Students will demonstrate their ability to throw an object with 1 hand.
If standing :
1. Student takes a step forward with opposite foot to throwing hand (right hand – left foot OR left hand – right foot).
2. Student brings the object back (behind the head) to get momentum in their throw.
3. Student throws the object, releasing it at around eye level.
4. Student hits the target (stationary).
5. Student flicks the wrist when throwing.
6. Student pivots core to get more power on the throw.
1. Student brings the object back (behind the head) to get momentum in their throw.
2. Student throws the object, releasing it at around eye level.
3. Student hits the target (stationary).
4. Student flicks the wrist when throwing.
5. Student pivots core to get more power on the throw.
Seated Arm Workout
Krista Betts, Physical Education Specialist at Eleanor W Graham Middle School, walks us through her seated arm workout from a seated position using household items for resistance.
Krista Betts, Physical Education Specialist at Eleanor W Graham Middle School, walks us through a bowling game that can be played using household items.
Full Active at Home YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv95OQ_w3VuIlUn4QEaiXEMAJjvlIPbfS